If you're feeling out of control and searching for answers, it can help to switch your focus to your questions instead.
To kick-start this Curly Conversation with YOURSELF, try asking:
• What questions do I have?
• Which of these questions can I answer at the moment?
• What's the smallest question that I can answer right now?
• What small questions sit behind the big questions that I can't answer yet?
• Which of those can I answer now?
These are just a few examples.
When we are afraid and worried about unknown answers, fear and uncertainty overpower our executive functions. This exercise will give your brain the space and distraction it needs to do its job and think the situation through.
Let me know how you go.